Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And We're off!

First things first, I will be posting at http://www.tochinaforcharlie.com/ during our trip! If you know me, you know I post a LOT. I hope you don't get too sick of me for 24 days! :) Anyway, there may be a few posts here, but everything will be on our travel website, so be sure to follow us there!
And in other news...

The fish have been dropped off at AC's friends house to be taken care of...
We've eaten at Chi*ckfila for the last time in the next month... and said goodbye to all of our friends...
Charlie's carseat has been recovered with a more boy-ish cover... (aren't you loving the longhorn?)
Our TA's have arrived...
We are completely packed...

And we are leaving for the airport in less than FOUR hours!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! We're going to China FINALLY!

We are so excited because despite a lot of confusion with travel, we are going to get to meet this family and this family in Nanjing... (woohoo, we finally have a group in the province! And such sweet families, too!) Can't WAIT!!!

AND, we are so excited to see this family in Guangzhou! We have prayed for almost a year that we would see them in China this trip (we just missed them in 2008 when we traveled for Kate.) God has answered our request and I can't WAIT to share pictures of all of us together! I want to share our miraculous stories when I have those pictures...

And last but not least, amazingly, we will overlap in GZ a couple of days with one of our chatty friends, this family... We traveled back in 2006 for our AnnaClaire and their Mia and are SO excited to get to give them all big hugs in GZ! They are going back in a couple of months to adopt a precious 10 year old from the same camp as Grace, too!

10 comments:

strandfam said...

Rejoicing with you and praying for your beautiful family!

Janet and Kevin said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise God.

Love,
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

Wife of the Pres. said...

We will SEE YOU IN GUZ!!!

I am so excited! I just imagine God is looking down and SMILING BIG as He knows how much we wanted this *small* thing! And yet He gave it to us!!!

I am just so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

*screaming here too*

Kristi said...

Happy travels to you guys. I told Kylie this morning that Anna Claire was headed on a trip and she wished you guys a good trip to China. (and asked if we could go along with her airplane buddy)

Heather said...

yeah!!!! I will be following along .. wishing I was with you guys again! Enjoy and can't wait to see you all together!!!

Kim said...

Loving that Longhorn!!
You are on the plane right now I think!!!

Ohilda said...

Praying and following!!!!

Can't wait to see your latest additions in the arms of their family!

Staci said...

yay!! you're on your way!!! :)

Laurie said...

Have a wonderful trip! Just looking at all the luggage gives me goosebumps and brings back lots of great memories! Enjoy every minute!

Ashton said...

YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS EM!!!