Saturday, June 5, 2010

Enjoying summer and getting ready for China!

The pool is open, which is always a highlight of the summer!
AnnaClaire loves swimming with Sis! She is such a big swimmer and can also now stand on her tippy toes in the shallow end! (3 ft) She has come SUCH a long way with her swimming! Just look at her!! I think I taught her well :)
Kate got a few new nightgowns the other day... She LOVES nightgowns and doesn't ever want to sleep in anything else! Here she is brushing her hair with her new princess brush!
Booie is so excited because scooters were on a really good sale at Wa*lMa*rt the other day and she has been dying for one for months! She loves wearing her helmet and going on "scooter walks!"
Cakers got a treat when we were out shopping, too. She picked a Do*ra doll, who doesn't leave her side!

It has been a busy week, but we have gotten things done! We've done pretty much all the shopping we needed to do before we leave, we've organized the paperwork and set apart what we have to have on the trip, the suitcases are out of the attic and ready to be packed, gifts have been purchased, flight toys are sitting in bags, hotels have been booked, and we are gladly telling everyone that we FINALLY know that when we are going to China!!!!!!!!And SOON!

We are still waiting for our itinerary, but should have it on Monday! The Nanjing (the capital of Grace's province) civil affairs has still not gotten in touch with our agency's contact, and because of the Dragon Boat Festivals in China the week we will be there, we still do not know when we will be getting her. What we do know is that sometime next week, Grace will be a part of our family!!!!! PLEASE keep her in your prayers, as she is going to leave the foster family she has been with for the past 9.5 years... I cannot even imagine how difficult this will be for them and her.

I cannot believe we leave on THURSDAY!!!!! I think our trip will go in the record book for one of the longest China adoption trips... 24 days! I cannot wait. And I think it is perfect that Grace and Charlie will become US Citizens on the Fourth of July. At first, Mom and I were really bummed to be coming home that day, because we know we won't have that "airport greeting." However, we have a bunch of friends who are getting into GZ on 7/2, and now we will have an extra day there and hopefully get to see some of them and their new kiddos... and also, what better day to become an American?!?!

A lot of people have asked who is going to China.... Mom, Dad, me, AnnaClaire, and Kate. I know the boys would love to come, but Will is in Alaska right now doing an internship, and Drew is taking classes this summer and cannot miss them. So it will be just 5 of us in China, but Drew and Will (who comes home on July 2!) will be at the airport waiting! :)

And... OF COURSE I am journaling from China! We have a site set up at www.tochinaforcharlie.com! (From China, go to www.mychinajourney2.com/tochinaforcharlie.com) All the posts will be made under "travel logs." I might also get a friend to log in and post a bit on the blog (Blogger is blocked in China!) Trust me, you will be hearing from us! You are probably going to be SO sick of me after 24 days!

I think I've covered it all... hopefully on Monday we will have our final itinerary and know when "Gracie Day" and "Charlie Day" are!

Keep praying for us as we prepare for our trip and ESPECIALLY for Grace and Charlie as there is no doubt that these next couple of weeks will be HARD for them!

12 comments:

Nightingale said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like you are enjoying the weather while waiting to travel!

I was wondering who was going to be traveling...so fun that you're taking the little girls. I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Julie said...

I cannot wait to follow you and your family to China on your "long" adoption journey. So exciting!

I'm so glad you will be journaling from there.

Catherine said...

Praying, praying, praying! WOW! I knew you were close but hadn't been here in a few days so didn't know you had actual travel dates. Amazing!!!

I know in the past your sweet friend blogged for you but if for some reason she can't do it this time please know I'd be happy to help you out. Just let me know if you want some help.

Hannah and I have been praying for Grace and Charlie and we will continue to do so (as well as for the rest of you) as you begin this journey together as a family!

Marla said...

I am so happy to know you will be in Guangzhou at the same time as us! And flying home on the 4th of July too, it is very symbolic!
Marla
www.CherrinOurJourneyToChina.blogspot.com

Janet and Kevin said...

Praying for you! So excited!!

Hugs,
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Yippee! I can't wait to live vicariously through you all!

Melanie said...

WOW! AC has grown up so much! =) I love that picture of her swimming!

I was also wondering who was going to be traveling. I can't wait to see the updates and the travel itinerary!

Robin said...

I can't believe the time is finally coming for you all to head to China again. You will all definitely be in our prayers.... especially for 24 days in China. I know how ready I was to just come home after 2 weeks. :0) I'll be looking forward to following your journey while you are there.
God speed!

Sammy said...

We will be leaving (if we get TA soon) July 2, but I think that means will be crossing in they sky. We are also adopting two. We've adopted two from Nanjing at different times. I really like Nanjing. I'm looking forward to following your blog. You guys are shopping to get ready and I'm cleaning closets. : - )

Jen Barbee said...

my prayers are with you all...

Susan said...

Emily,

I have followed your blog from the time you were waiting for Kate to join your family, especially since my husband and I have been contemplating an international adoption.

I just wanted to wish you and your family all the best as you travel to China to meet Charlie and Grace and make them part of your loving family. I will be following your travel blog site!

Susan

Kristi said...

I will indeed be praying, and am so glad that you have a way to update "the masses" of us that will be following along here at home!
Oh, and just for curiosity's sake, what time do you land in "your city" on the fourth? Some of us just may be in town...