Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas is almost here!




First of all, just want to wish a happy anniversary to my mom and dad... it's their 23rd! Here's a picture.. sorry its really bad quality. It's a picture of a picture. I The picture I really wanted to post is the best one... but we moved it to put decorations up, and I'm not exactly sure where it got moved to... but anyone, here's one. It's funny to think back and remember that last year their anniversary was spent sleeping until about 3 and then at Wal Mart Supercenter and Qdoba! This year they had more of an anniversary celebration and Sissy was left in charge of AnnaClaire. Of course, we had a great time playing, eating, bathing, reading, wrapping presents, etc.

I'm so excited for Christmas!! I can't believe it's in just 3 days! It is so fun getting ready for Christmas with a 2 year old. AnnaClaire absolutely loves Santa. She points out ever Santa thing she sees. Our neighbor has a Santa "blow up" in their yard and not a day goes by that AnnaClaire doesn't point out whether "Santa upside down!" or "Santa right side up!" It's so funny. More importantly, she loves "Baby Jesus". Everytime she sees something "Baby Jesus", she points it out and says in the happiest voice, "BABY JESUS!!!!!" My favorite thing is when she randomly bursts out singing, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jesus, happy birthday to you!" It's so cute! She is fully aware of what Christmas is, and whenever you ask her what she wants, she responds, "Pink chitchen!" (and it's not the PB Kids one, either!) She enjoys doing the advent calender every morning and loves all the things the resemble Christmas. She points out any and every reindeer and Frosty, too. She is also a huge help wrapping presents! -no joke! She puts her little finger in the exact middle and holds it as tight as she can so you can tie bows! She is such a big help. She also loves putting all the gifts under the tree. Christmas season has been so much fun with AnnaClaire... I can't wait til the actual day!

The other day I asked AnnaClaire what she wanted to play with, and she responded, "cars!" I'm going to have to say I was quite disappointed in her, but told her we should play babies instead. So we did. Now she loves her baby dolls! We played store with them and whenever "babies CRYING!", she would pick them up and kiss them, pat them, and tell them she loved them. The next day we took babies for a long walk outside. She was once again so sweet. She even told me that the babies were cold so we covered them! After an hour, and freezing cold, I brought her back in, much to her dismay, where she carried both babies and bunny around everywhere until dinner. I got lots of sweet pictures of her with her babies.

Other than that, we are just enjoying spending the season with our little AC. I can't even explain how fun it is with her! She is so full of spirit and spunk, she makes everything so fun. She also has discovered a new love for Christmas candy and Christmas cookies!! She loves Christmas music, and her favorite is Frosty the Snowman. She also loves all her many Christmas books. Once again, her favorite is Frosty. We are almost done Christmas shopping and boy does AnnaClaire have a stash! I can't wait until Christmas comes, and we spend our 2nd Christmas with our precious gift from God!

Remember the true reason for the season!




3 comments:

Brittany said...

That is so Cute
Hopw you have Merry Christmas
Brittany

Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents!
Isn't Christmas just the best with a mei mei? I am just loving this!!
We have tried SO hard for Sarah to say "Baby Jesus" (which she will sometimes), but she much prefers her own version of "Baby God"!!! ;)
This evening Sarah and I were wrapping a present for Mommy that Sarah picked our herself and I would give her a piece of tape, and she would put it in the exact right spot, without me telling her where to put it! And then when we were doing the ribbons, she tied a knot!! My mei mei is growing up so fast!!!! :)
We got your Christmas card :) It's so cute! Thank you!!!!!!!!! ;)
~Staci

Robin said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents ~~!!

I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Looks like AnnaClaire is really "into it" this year. I hope next year will be that way for Maddy. She does not quite understand it all this year.

Many blessings to all of you!