Saturday, November 21, 2009

Setback...

First of all, just because I'm a sixteen year old girl, can I say how amazing N*ew Mo*on was? I went to the midnight premier with some friends on Thursday night and went again last night... it's amazing. So much better than Twi*light, and it also stays pretty true to the book.... Now I just have to wait for June for Eclip*se! (P.S. if you even have any idea what I'm talking about... I'm an Edward and Bella fan, not a Jacob and Bella fan... but we all made Jacob shirts because there weren't enough E's. And Ne*w Mo*on is kind of Jacob's movie...)



Okay, not that I'm done with that...



We once again had a setback this weekend with Charlie's adoption. Sighhhh. Dad drove up to Ra*leigh on Thursday and everything went well... He made it to D*C that night and stayed at my aunt's house (his sister, who lives just outside of D*C) and made great time getting everything done. He picked everything up from the Chinese consulate and they told him one document was rejected. Mom and Dad's marriage liscense was authenticated with a NC seal instead of a Texas seal, so the states didn't match. We could just have the courier redo it for us, but that's going to set us back another week or longer due to Thanksgiving, and we are doing everything we can to make up for the lost time with our LONG homestudy process. And so, Dad, AnnaClaire, and I are roadtripping back to DC on Monday, will get the form straightened out and re-authenticated and then will send our entire dossier directly from there. Prayerfully, all will go well this time and Madison will get our dossier on Tuesday and can still send it before Thanksgiving. Please pray along with us.



God's timing is absolutely PERFECT...

4 comments:

Jean said...

Praying that it all works out- SOON! It is so hard to have a setback. I know how you feel- ya just wanna get him home!

Blessings on your journey- praying it happens in record time!

Kristi said...

Ugh on the setback ~ I had the same thing happen at the Chinese Consulate in Houston. I pretty much cried the day I learned that, it ended up costing us two weeks. I pray that you guys will get it all taken care of in time to have your dossier on its way overseas by Thanksgiving!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, you are all in our prayers! I stumbled across your beautiful blog through a friend's blog. We are also awaiting an adoption, and my children at home are just as impatient as we are. So hard to wait... But God's timing is perfect.

Robin said...

Hope your trip today went well and that dossier is on it's way to Madison. :0)

Go team EDWARD :0) my favorite is Midnight Sun.. I sure hope the author decides to finish that book.. I like Edwards perspective :0)