Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sweet Sisters


I love this picture of my two sweet mei meis, taken this morning before Church. Aren't they beautiful?

Things have not been necessarily easy around here, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! We are all still adjusting to being home, NC time, and now having two little ones. That in itself is huge.

AnnaClaire, as expected, is all of a sudden wanting to be babied. She wants us to feed her, carry her, etc. She doesn't like getting divided attention, as before Kate, she was the center of attention ALL the time. It will take some getting used to for her... sharing her toys, her house, HER family (yes, everything is HERS.) She really has done so well with Kate though. She is SO sweet with her and obviously loves her little sister.

We have seen a whole new side in AnnaClaire and that is that she is quite a follower. She follows Kate everywhere and wants to do whatever Kate is doing. They really are so sweet together and I love watching them play, hearing them "talk" to each other, hearing them make "monkey sounds" together, and watching them run around, chasing each other... AnnaClaire is always right there for Kate when she is crying, which is extremely sweet but Kate doesn't always tolerate it.

It's not perfect. AnnaClaire is very "in your face" which doesn't thrill Kate. And they aren't always sitting and playing nicely. They hit and push and move toys away from each other, just like most sisters their age do. Kate is much more reserved and would be happy to play by herself, whereas AnnaClaire always wanting to play WITH Kate (or anyone for that matter) and is much more outgoing.

They really are sweet together (when they want to be :)) and I love seeing them laughing and playing together. What a beautiful sight. Just like this morning, when I went to get a picture of them outside... they discovered how fun throwing leaves was. They were so sweet throwing leaves together. They both were just laughing so hard. It was so sweet.

So my two sweet girls. How I love both of them! They have both changed my life in huge ways and they mean more than the world to me. I know that they will begin to love eachother more and more, too.

By the way~ Kate did GREAT at her first time at Church! She sat so still (with a few snacks) and was so good during the service! :)

6 comments:

Lexie said...

Praying that both of your girls are able to adjust smoothly! I can imagine that this is a big change for both of them. They remind me of me and my sister...I was the one that always wanted to hug and kiss and hang on you all day long...my sister...different story. She could go with out a hug and kiss. Lol. She is my absolute best friend now!
Loving that picture! They just look SOO precious together.
Lexie

Amy Jo said...

Sweet picture! Loved your honest post; it's not easy, is it? (But definitely worth it!) We'll be praying for your family as everyone adjusts to their new life. Your Mom said you've been a wonderful help these past few weeks. You are truly a very special daughter! Wish we could all be there to help out. :-( Sending love to all of you!

Jana said...

Emily:

I remember so well those first days at home ... adjustments galore for everyone! Oakley was so jealous of Sullivan, my 8-year-old, which I NEVER anticipated. It was a rough few days, magnified by no sleep, but it ironed itself out and now she ADORES him. Love to you and your precious family. The girls are too, too cute!! I'm so glad you're all home!

Jeanette said...

What a sweet picture!!!!

Praying for you all as you adjust to life together. It won't happen over night...you'll have tender moments and not so easy moments but through it all you are becoming a family and God is working and blessing! Thank you for posting the good and the hard, it is helpful for all of us waiting mommies to see both sides of it! Please tell your mom to let me know if you guys need anything!!! So glad you are home!

Jeanette said...

What a sweet picture!!!!

Praying for you all as you adjust to life together. It won't happen over night...you'll have tender moments and not so easy moments but through it all you are becoming a family and God is working and blessing! Thank you for posting the good and the hard, it is helpful for all of us waiting mommies to see both sides of it! Please tell your mom to let me know if you guys need anything!!! So glad you are home!

Global Girl said...

Welcome home!