Friday, May 1, 2009

May already...

It's been awhile since I've updated you guys on what's going on in my life... so I thought I'd take a minute to do so.
School is going well... nothing special. I am SO ready for summer! We get out on May 29 (Will graduates on the 22nd!), so less than a month to go! Track is finishing up... we had one of our last meets last night and I got second in both shot and discus! School is extremely hard (have I mentioned that I'm so ready for summer?!?!) Today, we got a little break and I spent the day with six other friends at a golf tournament nearby. I gave Phil Mick*elson a high five, got a ball from Ian Poul*ter, and was standing less than 10 feet away from people like... Ti*ger Wo*ods! It was a beautiful day and other than spending outrageous prices on food, we had such an awesome time! I've been doing lifeguard training the past few Saturdays because I am working as a lifeguard at our pool this summer! I'm so excited, as not only is it good pay, but I have lots of friends who are also guarding. Plus, I get my license in June and am trying to save up for a car :) (a girl can dream, right?) I'm going to the beach at the very end of the month with some good friends, because two of them are graduating and so we're going as a "celebration" for them. Don't worry though, one of the youth leaders (my small group leader, actually!) at our Church is going with us! Then at the beginning of June, we are off to our annual shore trip to visit with some dear, dear friends from AC's travel group. Most exciting of all, though, is the fact that in just over two months, I will be leaving for my trip to CHINA! July 14th to be exact:) I am so, so excited about that trip and cannot wait to see the ways that my aunts, the other girl going, and I are used there!!!! So there's a little bit about what's been going on in my exciting 16 year old life! Oh and I think I failed to mention the fact that I live with the two most adorably precious little girls on the planent... They have been fun and kept us busy, too :)
So that's about it for me... Hope you are all doing well, too!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I remember those beautiful flowers in front of your home! I just love pink Azaleas. I wish we could grow them here but for some reason they just don't thrive here the way they did when we had them living in Maryland and of course in beautiful NC. :0)