Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Prayers - UPDATED

(Dad and Kate in China on Kate's Forever Family Day)

Please pray for my dad as tomorrow he is having back surgery! If you followed our trip in China, you probably remember me talking about how he has a herniated disk. He has had pain from this for the past 3 months and his surgery date is finally here. The surgery will be taking place tomorrow morning, so please remember my dad in your prayers... that the surgery will go well, that he would have a quick recovery process, and that his back would be completely out of pain! My aunt drove in from GA today to help out, and we are SO thankful for that. It is, of course, great seeing her again, too! :)

Update: Dad's surgery went great and he was actually able to come home tonight! Thanks for all the prayers... he is in pain from the incision, but the leg pain he had is completely gone. It'll be a couple weeks before his surgery is completely healed, but he is feeling pretty well considering he was in surgery 12 hours ago!

13 comments:

Staci said...

Praying for your dad!!!

Amy Jo said...

Praying for your Dad's surgery and a quick and hopefully painless recovery. Know that your family will be in our prayers. Please keep us posted on how Bill is doing. Sweet blessings, The Iveys

Lexie said...

Praying for your dad! I know first hand that it is hard to see your big strong dad in such pain! And from what I hear back pain is NO fun! Keep us updated!

Catherine said...

Prayed for your dad, the doctors, nurses, all who care for him and will pray again. ((hugs))

Lisa said...

I'll be praying for your dad each time God brings him to mind. My husband had the same surgery 3+ years ago and it was wonderful. He had back spasms that were bad for several days but after that, amazing!

You're such a sweet daughter to ask us to pray! Many Blessings!

Anonymous said...

So glad everything went all for your Dad's surgery! Our prayers and thoughts are with him~

Dawn

Kristi said...

I'm sorry that I missed reading about your dad's surgery until after the fact, but I will be praying for his recovery!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Yeah!!!! Praise God!!!

Debbie said...

So glad to hear that he is doing so well. I will continue to pray for your dad and for your family.
Hugs from FL. Debbie

Allison said...

Just now had time to comment but I wanted to let you know that your dad's been in my thoughts.
My dad had that same surgery after 2 years of agony and it made ALL the difference.

Global Girl said...

Good to hear the update!

Jodi said...

Praying for your Daddy and hoping that all went well!

Robin said...

Oh Emily, I had no idea about your Dad. I'm glad his surgery went well though. Hopefully he is feeling much better by now too!