Monday, January 18, 2010

H a i t i ~

I promised to keep you guys updated, so I thought I should let you all know that I will NOT be going to Hai*ti next month. We were supposed to leave on Feb. 13th- a month and a day after the earthquake. I am so disappointed, but know that truly, there is just no way. You've all seen the news, seen the pictures, read the articles... it's bad. There is a lack of food and water and tremendous violence as a result. In the words of our trip leader, young white people are the most sought after to kidnap. They simply cannot take 24 of us to an already dangerous country at such a dangerous time. Then there are the issues of the airport being close, roads totally ruined, bodies everywhere, lack of food, water, supplies, etc. After months of planning, it's hard to have been SO close and have this happen, but of course, it's not about us. Just trusting God that he brought us this far for a reason! I have every intention to go there sometime, but for now, I'll pray from a distance. Also, if you haven't heard, you can text 90999 to donate $10 from your cell phone bill to the Re*d Cr*oss Ha*iti fund!!! Keep praying. We have heard many MANY stories and seen a lot of video from the ministry we were going to work with and this country NEEDS your prayers. It is CHAOS there and the pictures are heartbreaking. But in the midst of it all, God is still God, and He is still good, as one pastor preached there on Sunday morning amongst the rubble and ruins.

3 comments:

Julie said...

oh that is so sad! can yall go somewhere else instead?

Janet and Kevin said...

So sorry. We know you had it in your heart to go. Praying for Haiti's people and for your mission group.

In Christ,
Janet, Kevin,Ted, Philip,and soon to be home (Gotcha Day in less in than two weeks now!) Eli

Lori said...

I am truly sorry that your trip is canceled. Our pastor left last Thursday with a group to Haiti for rescue and recovery. I can't even imagine what he is witnessing on the ground there. However I know that he is being the body of Christ to many. Our youth are planning a mission trip to Jamaica in March and I know the energy and excitement that has gone into planning the trip. I know you must be feeling disappointed about not being able to go.

May God encourage you in the days ahead and may we bind together in prayer for those in Haiti.

In Jesus,
Lori