Sunday, September 21, 2008

Longing

It has been 100 days since we sent our LOI to adopt precious Katherine MeiLing. I am so thankful that we have LOA at this 100 day mark. I am praying that our TA will arrive this week and we will be celebrating that. This wait has not been easy, that is for sure. Some days are worse than others... today I am longing to hold my precious baby sister. For 3.5 months, now, we have had these pictures of our baby girl. She was a new 15 month old at referral and she will be 19 months not too long form now. It's so hard to have those pictures, know your sweetie is growing, yet not be able to be with her. My thoughts constantly drift to Kate. I know this is how it was when we waited for AnnaClaire, too. I know that once we get our baby girl, this wait won't even matter... she will finally be with us and that is all that counts. However, I can't wait until she is no longer a thought, but actually here. I can't wait to be done with this waiting. I'm longing for that day when we can finally meet our sweet Kate... I can only pray that that day is only a month (or less) away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please be thankful that you at least have a referral! I feel like my life has been in limbo for the past 3+ years that we have been waiting to adopt ... with NO end in sight. I know it is hard for you to wait, too, but I would give anything to be as close to the end as you are.

Take care,

Wolfes Home said...

Whether the wait is 3+ years or 3 months, it's still tough. I know you are very thankful for Kate's referral. Hang in there!